Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My New iPhone Hero, Tim Cook Shatters the 'Nano' Rumor Mill!


Being new to the whole 'Mac' scene, I never really read up much on the backup to Jobs, Tim Cook. Yea, I knew that he took over while Steve went under the knife back in 2004 I believe it was and just recently found out that he's from Alabama, which is where I live, he grew up about 3 hours south of my location and he's an Auburn University engineer graduate. War Eagle!
So I'm not quite a believer yet until I read the front page of MacRumors today.
Now you've got my attention Mr. Cook!
In response (via AlleyInsider) to a question about iPhone pricing, however, Tim Cook revealed that a low-end iPhone seems unlikely:

"We're not going to play in the low-end voice phone business. That's not who we are, that's not why we're here. Goal is not to lead unit sales, but to build the world's best phone."
Cook also continued to downplay Apple's interest in the "netbook" market:

"We're watching that space, but from our [point of view] the products are based on hardware that's much less powerful, software technology that's not good, cramped displays. We don't think that people are going to be pleased with those type of products. It's a category we watch, we have some ideas here, but we think the products there now are inferior and won't provide the kind of experience people want."
YES!
I'm not going to begin to tell you how SICK I am of hearing about a rumored iPhone Nano and the talk of how we NEED a tablet computer. The iPhone is great, yes, no doubt but there is plenty of room for improvement and I'm glad to see that Cook and the Apple team intend to make it the best it can be and let it be known where the focus lies on their mobile platform.
Keep it real Apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment